When it comes to web development, you have three options:1. Find a Freelancer that can complete your project.
2. Hire a vendor to complete your web work on a contract-basis.
3. Stick with a company that grows with your business.There are pros and cons to many of the options above but the key thing to look for is Are They Client-Focused?The speed of which technology, web trends, and mobile trends innovate accelerates faster each year. The best way to keep up is by collaborating and partnering rather than finding resources on an ad-hoc basis. Let’s take a look at each of these options:1. Find a Freelancer that can complete your projectFor any start-up or small business, this may seem like the most viable and cost-effective option. A Freelancer will usually complete your work at the fraction of the cost but with the added expense of time. Finding the right Freelancer to complete your web development project may be difficult especially when it comes down to experience and the style of web design they specialize in. If you and the Freelancer don’t agree on the design style, it may be time to find another Freelancer but this also costs valuable time.Another issue arises when your company grows. A Freelancer may not be able to keep up with the speed and growth that your start-up or small business faces. So at some point, there will be a time when you might need to search for other options.2. Hire a company to complete your web work on a contract basis.This option definitely gives you the resources you need and the added experience to get a job done quickly and efficiently but may rack up that bill at the end of the project. Having a Web Development company gives you options to explore different web designs, styles, templates, and give you the front-end and back-end resources you may be looking for in a web development project. Due to the added resources and options available, you may be looking at a bill that’s almost two to three times the cost of a Freelancer.The other cost will be in the long-run if you hire an organization to complete your website on a contract-basis. The con to this is that as your start-up or small business grows, your web development company will need to understand your organization, the changes it has gone through, re-visit your website as if they have never touched it, and re-tailor your website to suit your needs, all from scratch. You are basically starting from the ground-up again. This is costly as technology, web, and mobile trends grow faster each year, it’s not a matter of whether your web development company can keep up, but a matter of whether your company can keep up.So how do you balance these issues?3. Stick with a company that grows with your businessFinding a client-focused web development company may be your key to success. Whether it is a smaller web development company that can meet your budget of a start-up or small business, or if it is a larger web development company for larger businesses with a higher capacity.The benefits of a web development company that sticks by you are endless, to name a few, a client-focused web development company can:Keep up with the growing trends of technology, web design, web trends, mobile design, and mobile trends alongside your organizationBoth companies grow together as each company looks to each other for resources.Save you both time and money as they will already understand your company and how to tailor web designs and content to match your industry and buyer personas.Help your company grow faster than ever, as they will understand the trends of the web and mobile technology space and provide those services quickly and easily to their own clients.Be your one-stop shop for all your web needs.Choosing the right option in the beginning can save you a lot of pain and hassle. Not to mention valuable dollars your company could use towards other initiatives to help your start-up or small business soar. Reap the benefits of sticking with one web development company to help maximize the rewards returned from a web development vendor that grows with your company.
- Fast Business Loans – 3 Strategies to the Right Choice
- Popular Types of Business Loans for Small Businesses
- Business Loan and Commercial Mortgage Challenges – Business Financing and Working Capital Solutions
- Small Business Technology Recession Tips
- Innovative Internet Marketing Ideas – Advantages and Disadvantages